De Stressing

by | |

Don't you hate it when your mind is unnaturally blank, because you have too much going on in your life, and not in a good way? I have so much stuff going on at school and at work that I want to do something creative and/or exciting on my free time, except by the time I have free time, all I want to do is sit on the couch and do nothing.

So tonight, all I really wanted to do after my evening class (on a Friday!!! Don't grad schools know we have a life?) was curl up on the couch with a glass of Wal Mart's finest boxed wine.
BUT in an effort to try and do something interesting, I decided to try a new and fun martini. . . . WHILE being lazy.
Fortunately I've been staying with The Boyfriend full time now, and he has an (almost) fully stocked bar. I've been wanting to try a dirty pickle martini for awhile. I heart pickles. . . . . a lot. Fortunately The Boyfriend has PLENTY of vodka. Unfortunately he had no vermouth, but who needs that really? Lucky for me, The Boyfriend always has plenty of jars of pickles because I always eat all of them.
Since I was already home (i.e. not driving) I decided to do it big and put 2 shots of vodka in my martini.And since I'm not a huge fan of the taste of vodka, I put a whole shot of pickles juice in there too.
Shake!!
And serve!!


Finally garnish with a pickle.
Nothing like drinking alone while watching Harry Potter!!

Cheers!

P.S. This drink, though yummy, was kinda strong. I had a mini brain shock every time I took a sip. If that's what you're going for, go for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment