Green? or Grey?

by | |

Went on a little shopping expedition (i.e. went crazy with the credit card) and bought nail polish at Forever 21 (among other things). Normally I don't even bother looking at any of their beauty products. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm approaching my late 20s and trying to look like a variation of Tinkerbell and Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie just doesn't get me off anymore. But this time I figured, why the heck not. I was, after all, suffering from a spending withdrawal.

Not that the nail polish set me back a bunch. It was less than $3. Score!! Plus it was a color I'd never seen before. Light Grey. Weird.

Now, I'm not really the type who does my nails. Usually my nails chip within 2 hours of painting them, 24 if I go to a salon. So I had pretty much given up on having pretty nails. But I had lately found this top coat called Colorfix from Mavala that really impressed me. Instead of chipping within the first 2 hours, it waited a whole 24 hours to chip. That's salon time without all the bull dookie massage and other crap they try to get you to buy (not to mention the tip)! However, with the Forever 21 nail polish AND the magical top coat, there is no chip in site, and it's approaching the end of the 2nd day! I think I might have to start buying more of this magical $3 polish.I like it the color but it does get some getting used to. I've never seen anyone with grey nails before. Plus it's a little unnerving when you're out grocery shopping and you realize your nails match the grocery cart. And then, in certain lighting, it "changes" colors. It goes from an "elephant ear" gray to a mint green. I don't get it, but I kinda like it.


My computer chip gray nails and deathly pale hand with the flash on.


The mint green nails. . . . . kinda. . . . or am I just colorblind? I swear it looks more green in person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment