I wish I were rich

by | |
So, as mentioned in my prior post, The Boyfriend's family was in town. We did A LOT of shopping. I am officially broke. Which sucks because I've been obsessing about lace up mid calf combat boots. So instead of buying them, I'll just talk about them and imagine what outfits I could have created with them. . . . . . .

If you're wondering what I'm talking about by lace up combat boots, I mean something like these from Steve Madden for $129.95. I want a pair in black.
I love boots. I hate how boots aren't PC in warmer seasons. However, this year at least, there are some groovy boots that are acceptable for spring and I am a fan of them all.

One of the other boot trends are vintage (think little house on the prairie or Alice in Wonderland the movie) boots. Look for fringe on the boot, like these from Urban Outfitters for $78. I also am drooling over this trend and want a pair, but I'm focusing on one boot trend at a time. lol
Basically both of the above boots also come in taller styles, which are also cute, but I am specifically drooling over the mid calf length for spring.

Motorcycle boots are also in this spring, such as these found at Macy's for $199

Finally the last trend has been Western boots. I have a pair of western boots, and I love them! I can't find the boots I have, but I found these boots from the same brand at shoes.com for $50.
Notice a trend? They're all rugged, manly boots with little to no heel. The reason why I love this trend is because you can turn these rugged and manly boots girly if you choose the right clothes.

Let's go back to my combat boots I'm currently drooling over.Let's go for the most obvious look: The Rocker Chick Outfit:
above boots
Black faux Leather hooded bomber jacket
A LBD (Little Black Dress)
Black fishnet stockings
silver hammered cuff bracelet
silver hoop earrings
Or, instead of the LBD and fishnet stockings, substitute it with a plain white shirt and dark skinny jeans tucked into the bootsNext look: Girly
The above combat boots, unlaced to the ankle
White slip dress
Sheer mesh dress from Free People
Lever-back cubic zirconium earrings
Long cluster pendant necklace
Lace socks just high enough to peek up over the boot

The preppy look:
The above boots
dark denim skinny jeans tucked into the boots
Plaid shirt
Wayfarer cardigan
roll up the sleeves of both the cardigan and the plaid shirt together, so that the plaid shirt is rolled up and showing at the sleeve. A summery look:
The above boots unlaced to the ankle
Boyfriend shorts
white tank So now you know why I'm drooling over those boots. One pair of boots to go with so many looks. Plus you can wear them in fall weather as well. If only I had money. . . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment