Opposite Day

by | |
It's the first day of spring. We've been having perfect weather here in Dallas. Yesterday it was in the 70s here. Today? Snow. It's even sticking on the ground. I'm making the boyfriend fill up my empty gas tank because I'm too much of a wuss to do it in the cold. Don't worry. I'll feed him pizza afterward. Delivery, of course. I'm not stepping foot outside.

It's ironic that I'm blogging today, since I'm not even trying to "fake fabulous" today. I am straight up in jeans, extra large white t, and a burnt orange Texas sweatshirt. This morning, it was pouring rain, so add on pink rain boots to that ensemble. Tres sexy.

So, since apparently today is opposite day, let's blog about swimsuits on a day where it's snowing. Why not?

Last week, another one of my besties, Krista, asked my opinion of this bathing suit from Target (top and bottom both $14.99)
I will admit, my initial reaction to this bathing suit was pretty negative. Even The Boyfriend was not a fan.

Then this week The Boyfriend's mom and sister came into town to visit. The Boyfriend's sister is only 19 years old and treats fashion as a competitive sport. We were hanging out when The Boyfriend's sister starts bragging about a gold bathing suit she bought at Target. I grabbed the nearest laptop, found the above swimsuit and asked her if that was it. "Yes!!" she replied.

So apparently the gold bikini is pretty cute in person, even on paler chickas, if you remove the decorative thingies on the straps, as pointed out on the picture below:
So I guess don't judge based on what you see online.

Anyway, in other bathing suit news, I'm excited to say that one pieces are no longer considered matronly!! This is great news for someone like me, who has a couple extra inches of disgusting-ness around the midsection.

One piece swimsuits give an air of classiness, while still being sexy, which means this look can be for all body types, flat tummy or not.

Case in point: Check out this cute color-blocked swimsuit from Spanx (found at Victoria's Secret). Too bad it's $200. :(If you want a girlier silhouette, check out this cute brown and white one piece from Target, $34.99.
A more retro, Vargas girl, pinup look from Newport News ($49)
And finally the one shoulder swimsuit I got from Urban Outfitters for $88.
It's VERY cute in person, but, being a girl, of course all I see is how big I look in skin tight stretchy material. Too bad giant XXL t shirts over swimsuits aren't considered sexy yet. Guess I'll have to hit the gym!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment