Morning Dew

by | |
Ever wondered how models or celebrities can pull off that glowy/dewy look without looking like a total shiny greaseball? Well, I have.
Recently a girlfriend and I have been talking about ways to look good in pictures, since we were both bridesmaids in two different weddings (her friend's was this past weekend, my friend's getting married in a month). She mentioned something about buying a highlighter, and I said. . . . "What?" I'm not a big makeup person, so when she said highlighter, I thought of the bright yellow highlighters I use for class. I had no idea why she decided to announce that she wanted to buy a highlighter until she explained that a highlighter is basically the opposite of bronzer. It still gives you a glow, but by brightening your face, not darkening it.

Anyway, intrigued, I looked up highlighters and decided to try one. Luckily when The Boyfriend's mom and sister were in town last week, his mom needed to make a trip to Sephora. So while we were there, I grabbed Benefit's High Beam. It kind of threw me off though, because it looks like nail polish.
Yesterday was the first time I tried it. I normally am not a big, 'wear makeup every day' type of person, but lately I've been trying to wear makeup, especially when The Boyfriend tried to rub something off my face, only to find out that it was just a scar from a pimple I had a few weeks ago.

So I put the High Beam on my brow bones and my cheek bones. . . . only to be underwhelmed. I was a little disappointed since I'd read a ton of good reviews. Even when I was at Sephora and checking out, the saleslady squealed when she saw what I was buying and said that she loved the stuff.

So, not to be deterred, this morning I tried it again, this time I only put on concealer and a little bit of foundation and completely skipped the powder before dabbing on the High Beam on my brow bones, my cheek bones, and down the ridge of my nose. (Note: less is more. I only put 2 dots of the stuff on my brow bone, and a thin line on my cheek bones and nose before blending). THIS TIME, it looked totally gorgeous and dewy.

So. . . . I am a fan. I bet this will come in handy on those days where I look like crap but have negative time to put on makeup. Just remember to skip the powder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment