My Unsexy Day

by | |
So, I had a crazy day yesterday. But today I took the day off, AND I'm on spring break from school, so I have absolutely nothing to do all day (except the several foot long laundry list of errands I need to run. I was SO CLOSE!).

ANYWAY, don't you just hate those days where you know you have a crap ton of stuff to do, and not enough time to do it? And isn't it worse when you have to toddle around in your high heels and uncomfortable work pants? You always feel like sweatpants and tennis shoes would make things go by so much faster.

WELL, I'm here to the rescue. Yesterday was my crazy, unsexy day, but I was NOT dressed uncomfortably. Here's my tips on how to dress business casual without all the uncomfort.

I realize it's spring, but on crazy errand/work filled days, I like to wear a long sleeved thicker shirt. The reason being that I live in Texas, where crazy buildings always crank up the AC as soon as the weather goes above 45 degrees (Farenheit, I do live in America y'all). Plus the Springtime weather outside is mild enough so that a long sleeved shirt is not too uncomfortable. I recommend this shirt from J Crew. I like it because it's still casual and comfortable, being a Henley, but the ruffles dress it up to make it work appropriate. Better yet, it's on sale for $39.99!

I have to admit. I have this shirt in black. Love it!

Now, if you'll notice, the buttons on this henley shirt start kind of low. Might be too low for the office. This is why I recommend a tank. On these days you want to be comfortable in your clothes as well as with your body. I recommend a tank that's really fitted, kind of like a shapewear tank. Here's one for almost $30, but you can find fitted tanks almost anywhere. Make sure the tank is in a complimentary color from your long sleeved shirt, since the tank will peak out.
Now for pants. You want something that looks professional but feels like sweatpants. I suggest something with some stretch, so look for slacks that have some spandex in them, like these junior slacks I found at JC Penney. Remember junior sizes are different from women sizes, so be careful when shopping online.
Now the most important part of this outfit. The shoes. Of course, I'm talking about flats. The hard part about flats is that I've personally found it hard to look for flats that are ACTUALLY comfortable. This is why I would like to spend a little bit more money on some unsexy flats. The reasoning being that you'll wear these babies ALL THE TIME. I feel that comfy flats are a necessity for those days you want to look cute but don't want your toes cramping up. It's been my experience that Naturalizer shoes are (in general) EXTREMELY comfortable. The ones below are pretty cute to boot and come in several colors (though I would buy the black pair to go with the most outfits, unless you can afford more than one pair). If you want another recommended shoe brand, my favorite pair of black flats that I personally own are Kelly and Katie flats.
Now, the closer. To make this outfit look like you took time to pick it out, I suggest a big bauble. I prefer big fun silver earrings for work outfits such as the ones below, but you could find any kind of fun jewelry to tie this outfit together to look work friendly but trendy.

Now GIT! Get those errands done! Speaking of which, time for me to start on my laundry list of errands so I can finally enjoy my day off. SEE YA!

0 comments:

Post a Comment